Handling of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is very easy compared to connective tissue grafts:
- Unlimited availability and consistent quality.1
- Measure the defect and trim the matrix to the desired size and thickness.1
- Once moist, the matrix can be further trimmed to the desired size and thickness.1
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® can easily be sutured.1
- No need for pre-treatment: Excellent hydrophilic characteristics lead to rapid hydration by patient’s own blood and/or sterile saline solution with a volume increase of approx. 25 %.1
- The soaked matrix adapts to contours and adheres well to the defect.1
- Squeezing and re-hydration: Once squeezed, the matrix goes back to its initial state after remoistening (considering the additional swelling of approx. 25 %).1
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® does not require a second surgical site.2-5
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® should be used as a submerged graft to increase soft-tissue thickness around implants and natural teeth.1
Product availability may vary from country to country.
- Data on file. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Thoma DS. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2016 Oct; 43(10): 874–85.
- Sanz M. et al. J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
- Del Pizzo M. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2002 Sep; 29(9): 848–54.
- Soileau KM. & Brannon RB. J Periodontol. 2006 Jul; 77(7): 1267–73.